[Expert] Game of Thrones: Tyrion Lannister
Create a realistic bust cake of Tyrion Lannister, played by Peter Dinklage, from the HBO series Game of Thrones
Get started now!
Learn How to Make Tyrion Lannister Cake
In this class you will learn how to create a realistic bust cake of Tyrion Lannister, played by Peter Dinklage, from the HBO series Game of Thrones! You will learn how to bake, build, carve, sculpt and paint a bust cake.
This class has eleven lessons that breakdown every step from baking the cake to using modeling chocolate to sculpt facial details and using edible pigment to paint a lifelike face.
In this class you will learn:
Lesson 1 – Determine the Dimensions
- Using a 2D image to create a 3D sculpture
- Mapping out the dimensions for the structure and face
- Calculating correct proportions and creating a guide to use throughout the sculpting process
Lesson 2 – Build the Support
- Cutting wood and threaded rod for the structural support
- Assembling the support for your cake
Lesson 3 – Bake and Mix the Recipes
- Preparing the delicious cake and buttercream recipes
- Mixing the Rice Krispies treats and ganache
- Creating the modeling chocolate used for sculpting
Lesson 4 – Building and Carving the Head
- Sealing the support so it is food safe
- Cutting and building up the cake for the head
- Carving the cake into the proper shape and sealing it with ganache
Lesson 5 – Add the Rice Krispies
- Using the Rice Krispies treats to build up the base of the neck
Lesson 6- Sculpt the face
- Mapping out the proportions of the face
- Sketching out the initial layout for the facial structure
- Using photo references and measurements to accurately sculpt the face
- Refining facial details and learning the unique shapes of curves of each facial part
Lesson 7- Sculpt the Hair
- Laying out the initial placement of the hair
- Using sculpting tools to create realistic hair texture
- Layering the hair to create depth
- Creating finer detail for the facial hair
Lesson 8- Build the Body
- Building up and carving the cake to form the shoulders and upper chest
- Using fondant and an impression mat to create realistic clothing
Lesson 9- Paint the Face
- Creating a palette of light, medium and dark tones
- Using cool and warm tones to create depth
- Layering edible pigment to create a translucent skin tone
Lesson 10- Paint the Hair and Beard
- Choosing the proper hair colors to mimic realistic hair
- Using tones of lights and darks to create depth
Lesson 11- The Final Details
- Using dark shades to add texture to the clothing
- Making the eyes watery
- Adding the final details to cover the base
Melissa's passion for creating cakes began early on when she was just a teen. She would watch cake shows on TV and thought, "I want to try that!". Instantly she spent all of her free time reading books and searching the web to learn anything she could about cake decorating. She was always an artist, working with paint, clay and fashion design, but when she discovered the art of cake, it became her all time favorite medium to work with.
In 2010, Melissa landed an internship with the Cake Boss, where she learnt the fundamentals of cake decoration. While attending college at Pratt Institute, Melissa studied painting and sculpture; incorporating edible materials into any project she could. After college Melissa turned her passion for cakes into a career, launching Melissa Alt Cakes in 2015.
Since the start of her business Melissa's cakes have been featured in numerous magazines and reached international recognition. She's created cakes for Google, Time Out NYC and Harper’s Bazaar. She won the award for Best Show Cake at the 2017 NY Cake Show. In the spring/summer of 2018 Melissa worked as the Culinary producer for Reality Bites Cupcakes on Food Network. Melissa is also the exclusive cake decorator for Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC.
Melissa's cakes are her art. She strives to create one of a kind artistic creations that form an experience of joy and beauty. When she is not making cakes you can find Melissa cuddling her dog, camping, watching a horror movie or drinking delicious IPA on a rooftop. She is constantly inspired by her surrounding environments and adventures. Each cake Melissa makes is an expression of herself. Extreme passion, dedication and numerous hours are put into every piece of work Melissa creates. Her favorite moment is when the creation is cut and her art becomes delicious cake!
To Melissa there is nothing she loves more than the art of cake and being able to share it with the world :)
Frequently Asked Questions
Each course can be bought individually with the price listed by the course description. When you purchase an individual course you will have access to it forever!
Our second option is to become a Monthly member. No commitment, cancel when you want and get a big discount on your courses!
Thirdly, you can become a Yearly member. Pay for the year upfront and get an even bigger discount on your courses!
See our course pricing below:
We currently offer our intermediate and expert courses for individual purchase!